Monday 29 July 2013

Holding my Breath

2nd Trimester. 
I have made it, and I can honestly say I feel as though I have been holding my breath since May 24th when I found out I was pregnant. I have been terrified every minute of every day, just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Add on top of that the stress of a family member passing away, finishing out a school year by packing and moving classrooms as well as needing to finish report cards. This created an enormous amount of stress.

To recap...
June 6th and June 10 i was sent for blood work to check my hormone levels(HCG/Betas)
Beta 1 came back in the 20000s
Beta 2 came back in the high 70000s
So we breathed a sigh of relief, my doc was very pleased with the numbers and the rise.

Next step was June 21st ultrasound which showed us a 7w5day baby with a heart rate of 162bpm which we were able to hear. Official due date February 2nd, 2014
(tiny bit of breath was let out here)

Today I had my next monthly appt and using the doppler the nurse was able to find babe's heart beat of somewhere between 152-160bpm.  (little bit more breath let out)

Next appt is Aug 27th with my anatomy scan not far behind that on Sept 13.  Maybe after this I will stop standing in my spare room looking around unable to imagine it as anything other than a collect all room. 

Having the summer off has been great, because I think if I had all my coworkers around always asking and taking about pregnancy it would be even harder to deal with. I have been able to relax and enjoy my time off with my little man and almost separate myself from this pregnancy.  Maybe I shouldn't be doing that , but in all honesty, I think maybe it's what keeps me sane.
I took a belly picture this weekend at 13 weeks exactly, and I hope to post it later.
I also hope to start blogging more often again, since I ducked out for the first tri.

I also might as well start with the weekly survey that I see on so many other blogs.

How Far Along? 13 weeks, 2days

Symptoms: Sore boobs, sciatic nerve acting up, and Round ligament pain, nausea and throwing up has essentially passed. Tired, especially by 6pm

Total Weight Gain/Loss (start weight- 128lbs ): 134.8 up 6.8lbs ...ummm Hello

Sleep: I’m having these crazy vivid dreams, but that is not too far out of normal I guess.   I’m waking to pee twice a night, and sometimes more than that if Ben wakes up.\

Food Cravings: Fries... especially poutine (Fries with gravy and cheese curds on top)

Best Moment This Week: Hearing babe’s heart beat on the doppler this morning. 

Movement: None yet. (with Ben I was in week 13, so hopefully soon?)

Labour Signs: Hopefully not anytime soon!

Gender: ooookkkk let's go with gut- I say Boy, Dave says Girl. Old wives tales say girl. we shall see Sept 13th!!!! But seriously... I will be shocked to death if this is a girl. For reals

Belly Button In Or Out? In, but starting to do some weird things this past week

What I Miss: clear skin on my face :(

What I Am Looking Forward To: Next OB appointment in August and Anatomy scan Sept 13, then we may "announce" on FB

Milestones: entering my second trimester!!


No comments:

Post a Comment